Buyer's Moving Checklist
- Arrange to have your gas, water, and electric meters read on the day you leave and have the bills forwarded to your new address.
- Disconnect your telephone, cable TV, and water softener.
- Give necessary written notice to your landlord and make arrangements for the return of any monies you have on deposit.
- Make arrangements for the gas, water and electric utilities, water softener, telephone and cable TV to be connected on the day of possession.
- Get "Change of Address" cards from the post office and send out well before moving day.
- Have the post office forward your mail to your new address.
- Cancel any contracted services and pre-authorized cheques.
- Cancel or transfer gardening, dry cleaning, newspapers, magazines, diaper and other home services.
- Change the address on your driver's license(s) effective the day of the move.
- Collect all items out for cleaning, repair or storage. e.g. fur coats, dry cleaning.
- Make special arrangements for the moving of perishables, such as plants.
- Make special arrangements for the moving of your pets.
- Dispose safely of all flammable liquids as it is illegal for movers to carry them.
- Obtain a letter of introduction from your current financial institution to help establish new accounts. Transfer trust or bank accounts and securities.
- Cancel or transfer social, athletic, civic, religious or business affiliations and memberships.
- Arrange for transfer of medical, dental, prescription and optical records.
Phone: 604-539-7653 (SOLD) Fax: 1-866-903-6554 Toll Free: 1-877-768-6171 Email: email@example.com